“”City of Dreams/ Drømmenes by” Acrylic and paper on canvas, 24 x 30 cm 1200 kr.
I know I have some work to do. We all do. Mostly work about being human. It´s quite a job, right? And I know that right now that involves fuelling my dreams. Why do I know I need that? It´s very simple: I don´t feel uplifted and inspired like I know I can. I feel stuck in a state I don´t enjoy being in. When I think about times to come and what is to happen I don´t FEEL that bubbling anticipation. And from that, a state doubt can creep in, and in the end that can lead to more permanent states depression and all kind of other states that are not very uplifting. So, I know it is time to pour some fuel on my own soul.
The thing is, I know how. It´s really simple. But it takes actions. And from the state of clueless uninspiredness the last thing that seems tempting is to move into action, especially if it looks anyting like WORK.
So, I better find some soothing actions that can get me moving, so I can feel my own willingness again. And I do know plenty of wonderful ways to do that:
MY TOP 10 LIST FOR GETTING THE INNER JUICES MOVING WHEN THEY DON´T:
1. move the body. Dance, run, do pilates. I mostly don´t do long sweaty sessions, just a small run or dance or a 20 mins pilates does it for me.
2. Make a Creative Quickie, you can read about what that is and how to do it HERE and some more inspiration HERE
3. Write freely and non-stop for 20 mins, giving voice to ANYTHING from mondane thougts about shopping to deep worries
4. Clean. Truly, I kind of hate cleaning. But really, setting the clock for 20 mins and cleaning just a small part of the house creates some of that needed feeling of flow and accomplishment
5. Talk to a friend. I learned over the years that this doesn´t always have be my most trusted friend, and sometimes we may even feel so lonely we don´t feel we have a trusted friend. This talk can be with any friendly person willing to listen for a while.
6. Go for a walk. Preferably in nature, if possible. But most important to just leave the house and walk.
7. Sing. I take my guitar, and simply begin playing and singing any tune. Often it turns into a 20 mins session. It helps me breathe deep and invites what ever feeling is hiding to come out. Sometimes even a song like this appears!
8. Help someone else. This can be really simple, like seeing a need and offering to help your neighbor with shopping or giving someone a lift. This shifts the focus and makes me feel a bit better about myself.
9. Take a bath. For some reason the mix of lying in hot water and BE without reading or watching or talking relaxes me so I can enter a state of BEING rather than DOING. From that state, I am more receptive from any kind of helping influence from my inner world or from someone else. Of course I lit candle lights next to the bath, and sometimes I add a fragrance with oil or salt to please the senses even more.
10. Ask for help. Sometimes it takes more to get us unstuck. And we need to ask for help. Asking for help can be hard when you feel stuck, but remember that EVERY person on this planet feels stuck and lonely sometimes. And by admitting it and asking for help we actually help others to find the permission to do the same. Ask the first person you can think of, book a session with a coach or a therapist. If you can´t get to any of those things from your current state, pray. Pray to whatever or whomever you believe in. To God, your Guadian angel, the Universe, Spirit or your own Inner true voice. Whatever feels right to you, just pray! That sends out a signal that you are open to receive help, and that is a start. I am convinced that there is something in this universe that can´t resist helping when we ask with a true voice and are ready to receive whatever comes back without judgement.
And a PS: I wrote most of this a few days ago, when I felt really stuck. In the mean time, I found the space to do nr. 1, 3, 4, 8 and 10. And I feel much better now, even a bit inspired. It works. I know it works to get moving with good soothing uplifting actions. And we need to remind ourselves and each other of this, often. Because that stuckness will happen again, at some level, as long as we live.
Oh, and PPS: A tip for writing your own list: it´s best to do it when you are feeling well. From that state you will be able to write a wonderful list that you then have ready for when you feel stuck. From the state of stuckness we often don´t feel like doing anything. Then we need the wisdom from our own state of well-bing, to know what to do and then simply begin doing it.
Take care, Love from Lise.